Starting October 1st, all patrons will need to be fully vaccinated to see a movie at the Paramount Theatre so we can increase our capacity to 50%, as per current BC Government Health regulations. We will be asking for proof of vaccination (BC Vaccine Card) and a piece of Government I.D. upon entry. Kids under 12 will not need to show proof of vaccination. Thank you for your understanding.
For more information on the vaccine passport, please click here
This ruling also applies to private bookings.
- As much as we’d love your company, patrons are asked to NOT visit the Paramount Theatre if they have any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are in close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- Any staff member also has the authority to ask any patron displaying COVID-19 symptoms to leave the premises.
- Masks are mandatory in the Paramount Theatre. Once seated, patrons may remove their masks if they are eating/ drinking.
- Disposable masks will be provided, but we encourage patrons to bring their own.
- Patrons are asked to maintain 6’ (2m) of distance from other patrons/ staff whenever possible.
- If a backlog of people occurs, please create an orderly line on the sidewalk adjacent to 5th Avenue, ensuring that you are 6’ (2m) apart.
- For KFS screenings, doors will open 30min before showtime. Please DO NOT arrive any earlier than this time.
- Though cash is accepted, patrons are encouraged to use contactless payment such as credit or debit.
- Patrons are encouraged to dispose of their own garbage after the show to assist our staff with the added cleaning procedures now in place.
Staff / Volunteers:
- It is mandatory for volunteers and staff to wear masks unless they are seated and eating in a Theatre seat.
- Point of sale staff will be sanitizing their hands between transactions.
- Popcorn staff will be wearing gloves and will sanitize hands if they touch themselves or their mask.
- Before every shift, staff and volunteers will need to state whether they have any symptoms, have been near anyone with symptoms, or whether they should be in quarantine (after travel for example). If any of these apply, they will be sent home immediately.
- Volunteers will not be required to assist with cleanup after the film.
- If they choose to, it will be mandatory that they wear provided gloves.
- For the concession lineup, we have used stanchions to create a path for both patrons looking to purchase items from concession and for patrons looking to cross over.
- Floor decals indicate spots that are 6’ (2m) away from other patrons in line.
- Sanitizer has been made accessible throughout the theatre and patrons are encouraged to use it as much as they feel comfortable.
- Plexiglass has been added at the concession to further protect the staff and patrons.
- We will not be using the self serve kiosk for the time being.
- High touch areas will be sanitized multiple times per event/ screening.
- Theatres will be cleaned after each use with industrial sanitizer using our Sanitizing Gun, which can spray hard surfaces and fabric. 10 minutes after application, all sprayed areas are sanitized.
- For KFS screenings, we will not be scanning tickets unless there is a discrepancy. We will be checking patrons in by name so we can keep social distance.